Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Books That Should Be In A Beach Bag (your perfect beach reads!)
1. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. I haven't read this book but I just bought it. Every keeps telling me how much this series rocks and since it has summer right in the title I thought this would be a perfect beach read.
2. Sisterhood Everlasting (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants #5) by Ann Brashares. This book comes out soon and I can't wait to read it. I loved this series so much and I can't wait to see what happened to these wonderful ladies. The other novels were fun and fresh, but I've heard this one has some sad moments so I'm not sure if I'll be reading this at the beach or not.
3. The Book of Bright Ideas by Sandra Kring. I loved Winnalee; she was a fun, spunky character who I would have loved to know growing up.
4. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. This was a great novel. It was fun, light and completely loveable. If you haven't read this yet I suggest adding it to your summer reading list and moving it to position one. You won't regret it.
5. Juliet by Anne Fortier. A modern day retelling of the 'real' Romeo and Juliet. I loved this book and couldn't put it down. Everyone loves a little romance on the beach.
6. The Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampires Series by Charlaine Harris. The scenes between Eric and Sookie will leave you so hot you'll have to jump in the water just to cool off.
7. One for the Money by Janet Evanovich. This is the first book in the Stephanie Plum series. It is laugh-out-loud funny and will be a nice mix in with all the romance.
8. Graceling by Kristin Cashore. This has everything you need for a great beach read. It's got a kick butt herione, some killer action, a hot guy and some steamy love scenes.
9. Four Blondes by Candace Bushnell. Image Sex in the City only in a novel. Plentely a hot scenes that will leave you blushing. Good thing everyone will just think you got a little sun burnt.
10. Any 'bodice ripping' romance novel. This is a must have in every beach bag. It's just not the beach without your Harlequin.