Yes, as much as we hate to admit it, there are times when the visual effects or the slight changes in the plot make the movie or TV show better than the actual book. **Gasp**
What do I do when this happens? Silently shake my head and then...get over it and enjoy the movie or show.
I'm sure there are many shows or movies that are better than the books, but these are just a few of the ones I noticed:
- The Green Mile by Stephen King. Yes that jolly big man brought me to tears many times.
- Misery by Stephen King. Kathy Bates at her finest.
- Rizzoli and Isles by Tess Gerritson. Seriously this show is so addicting and I don't even watch much TV.
- The Witches of Eastwick by John Updike. This was another TV show that captured my attention. I loved it.
- I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. The effects in this book were pretty awesome.