Monday, August 20, 2012

What happens when the movie/TV show is better than the book?

I don't know about you but I'm a big fan of reading the book before I see the movie or the TV show and 99% of the time the book is so much better, but what about that 1%?

Yes, as much as we hate to admit it, there are times when the visual effects or the slight changes in the plot make the movie or TV show better than the actual book.  **Gasp**

What do I do when this happens?  Silently shake my head and then...get over it and enjoy the movie or show.

I'm sure there are many shows or movies that are better than the books, but these are just a few of the ones I noticed:
    I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
  1. The Green Mile by Stephen King.  Yes that jolly big man brought me to tears many times.
  2. Misery by Stephen King.  Kathy Bates at her finest.
  3. Rizzoli and Isles by Tess Gerritson.  Seriously this show is so addicting and I don't even watch much TV.
  4. The Witches of Eastwick by John Updike.  This was another TV show that captured my attention.  I loved it.
  5. I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore.  The effects in this book were pretty awesome. 
Those are the ones that first come to my mind.  What about you?  Which movies or shows do you think are better than the books?

5 comments:

  1. I definitely agree about I am Number Four! But otherwise I can't really think of any show or movie that was better then the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved I Am Number Four but there were a lot of things I hated about the movie I guess everyone has a different opinion but The Vampire Diaries TV Show is 100% better than the books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a post on this a while ago. It's so weird but sometimes the movies are just better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, that I watch the movie and then never read the book. OMG! I know! But, it's true. After watching the movie I just forget about it or just don't have the need to read the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a huge fan of the tv show Bones, but I don't like the Kathy Reichs books that it's based on. And by didn't like I mean couldn't stand. It was a big surprise and disappointment to me.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.