When I first started blogging I did this feature called Thursday's Name Game and as I was going through my posts I realized that I had a lot of fun putting the posts together so I thought I'd try it out again.
Essentially I just take whatever book I'm reading, pick a character and research a little about their name. So here it goes...
Means 'light' in Greek and in Latin, Lucas, means 'man from Lucania'
Places named Luke:
- Luke Air Force Base in Arizona, United States.
- St. Luke's Hospital, various locations, United States.
- Luke Skywalker from the Star Wars movies
- Luke Danes from the TV show Gilmore Girls
- Luke Castellen from Percy Jackson & The Olympians by Rick Riordan
Luke Perry, an actor best known for 90210 and Buffy the Vampire Slayer (movie)
Luke Wilson, an actor best known for Old School, Legally Blonde, and Anchorman
Luke Bryan, a country singer best known for "Rain is a Good Thing"
Do you know of anyone named Luke or any famous Lukes I am missing?