Character From: Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
Meanings and history of the name Clarissa:
- Form of Clara, from Latin, meaning "clear, shining"
- None...what about you?
- Places name Clarissa:
- Clarissa Minnesota, United States.
- Clarissa Falls, a resort in Belize.
- Clarissa Street is a historical street in Rochester, New York that had once been a cultural and commercial center of the city.
- Famous real-life people named Clarissa:
- Clarissa Childs, American golfer, DOB March 23, 1974
- Clarissa Scott Delany (1901-1927), American poet
- Clarissa Kaye, Australian stage, film and television actress
- Clarissa Eden, Countess of Avon (born Anne Clarissa Spencer-Churchill
- Clarissa Pinkola Estés, American poet, psychoanalyst, and author
- Clarissa in song, story & screen:
- Clarissa Harlowe, heroine of Samuel Richardson's novel "Clarissa"
- Clarissa Darling, main character in T.V. show "Clarissa Explains It All"
- Clarissa Dalloway, protagonist of Virginia Woolf's "Mrs. Dalloway"
- Clarissa Harlowe, from Samuel Richardson’s popular novel Clarissa, or the History of a Young Lady.
- Clarissa Spenlow, from the Charles Dickens novel David Copperfield.
List adapted from www.babynamewizard.com
These are just some I know...what about you?