Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
BROKE AND BOOKISH 1 YEAR BLOGOVERSARY -- Top Ten Reasons I Love Being A Book Blogger/A Bookish Person
1. I love getting to see how many people share my love of reading. Even though my family and friends are avid readers sometimes I still feel as if people are losing the love of reading (i.e. when my co-worker asked me who actually reads books for pleasure...they're lucky all they received was a mouthful...j/k).
2. I love hearing about new books that are coming out before they hit the market. Before I started blogging, I'd only hear about a couple of "big name" books before they were actually released. Now not only do I have the pleasing to hear about books early, but I actually get to read some of them before they are released.
3. I love hearing about authors or books that normally wouldn't have come on my radar. Sometimes the best book is not the most popular book, but one you've never heard of before and had no expectations for.
4. I love meeting new people and hearing how passionate they are about reading. While I don't know my blogging friends in person they still can make my day with a comment or when I read about how ecstatic they are about a certain book they've just read.
5. I love being able to get my opinions down in some kind of format. Sometimes after I read a book all these thoughts are just building in my head and I have no way to sort them out. By blogging about them I not only sort them out I get to hear what other people think about those thoughts and the book they are about.
6. I love seeing someone reading, no matter if it's at the park, school, on the bus, or even in their yard. I feel like I have a connection to these people because we both know how wonderful reading is.
7. I love approaching someone I don't know who I see reading and ask them about the book they are reading. If it's something I've read I'll ask them what they think about it. I'm sure people think I'm nuts at times, but I just can't help it (especially if I really loved the book).
8. I love that when I'm writing out a list I get to start every sentence with 'I love' and it doesn't seem completely crazy.
What about you?