Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Reviewed of Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward

Title: Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood #7)
Author: J.R. Ward
Published by: Penguin Group
Pages: 672
Source: Purchased
Format: ebook
Rating: 3 stars

Summary from Goodreads: Rehvenge has always kept his distance from the Brotherhood-even though his sister is married to a member, for he harbors a deadly secret that could make him a huge liability in their war against the lessers. As plots within and outside of the Brotherhood threaten to reveal the truth about Rehvenge, he turns to the only source of light in his darkening world, Ehlena, a vampire untouched by the corruption that has its hold on him-and the only thing standing between him and eternal destruction.

With another installment of the Black Dagger Brotherhood our knowledge of these deadly and sexy creatures grows.  While Rehvenge may not be part of the brotherhood and was always seen as the big bad drug lord, Lover Avenged brings out a completely different side of this warrior and what he'd do for love.

Ehlena and Rehvenge made quite the couple.  I think out of all the mates I have liked Ehlena the most.  She's down to earth and willing to fight for what she thinks is right.  She's determined and carries herself with a dignity that far surpasses those of the glymera.  Along with this couple we get to see more into the lives of the other brother especially Wrath and Beth and John Matthew and Xhex.  I love how intertwined each of the brothers stories are and it's kind of a treat when they make a larger reappearance in the later books.  I've missed some of them greatly and wish we'd get more glimpses into their lives.

The pace of this novel was a little off for me.  I found it quite slow at times and I didn't enjoy any of the scenes with the lessers.  In fact, I kind of skimmed over those because I couldn't connect to them at all.  Even though this wasn't my favorite book in the series, J.R. Ward left us with a cliffhanger that makes me eager to read the next book. 

2 comments:

  1. I have read the whole series and this book was not one of my favorites. I found it boring and wasn't a big fan of Rehvenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this one. I had very low expectations going in so maybe that's why. I don't even read the Lesser stuff anymore lol

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.