Monday, December 31, 2012

Review of Mistletoe Mischief by Stacey Joy Netzel

Title: Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin Series, #1)
Author: Stacey Joy Netzel
Pages: 91
Source: Free from Amazon (Obtained on 12/19/12)
Format: ebook
Rating: 3 stars

Summary from Goodreads: Christmas in July at the zoo is the last place single parents Eric Riley and Marissa Wilder expect to find love. Thanks to some mistletoe mischief in the form of their two young daughters and Santa, they discover mistletoe rules were not made to be broken

Being from Wisconsin myself, when I came across a new series called Romancing Wisconsin I knew it was something I had to check out.

Mistletoe Mischief was a fun twist on the traditional holiday read;  the story took place in the summer while the zoo was celebrating Christmas in July.  This story still had the feeling of a holiday romance, but there was the added bonus of a campfire and smores which I personally think make any story better...and now I'm craving some.  (Think I can dig through the snow to find the fire pit?)

The sparks fly when Marissa and Eric meet, but because of the dreaded misunderstanding things don't get off to the best start.  Personally, I think a lot of romances have this plot line of a miscommunication lately.  Sure without this miscommunication there wouldn't have been a story, but in a novel/novella as short as this one the whole plot is based on this miscommunication.  I wish there would have been a little more substance to the the storygiving us something else to focus on.

While the plot wasnt my favorite, the characters were fun in this story.  Despite the short length, I felt you started to see into their personalities and who they would grow into.  While the romance was a bit insta-romance (or at least insta-infatuation), I was cheering for these two to make it.

If you're looking for a holiday read with a twist, Mistletoe Mischief may just be the book for you.
  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds cute and once again I'm thinking it should be made into a movie. I'd watch.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.