Thursday, March 10, 2011

Favorite Vampire?

I think it's a safe bet that vampires are here to stay as a common character in not only adult paranormal novels, but also in romance, and young adult novels.  These vampires all have different characteristics such as their supernatural abilities as well as there...um...diet.  We have our classic Dracula type vampires along with our fun loving (well maybe not Edward but the rest of the family) vegetarians.

So this leads me to the question, what is your favorite type of Vampire and who in particular?


I love vampires who are not only confident, but a little cocky as well.  I want them hot, sexy, possessive and a heroic warrior.  My favorite vampire would have to be Eric Northman from The Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampires series by Charlaine Harris.  Sookie describes Eric as "handsome, in fact, radiant; blond and blue-eyed, tall and broad shouldered. He was wearing boots, jeans, and a vest. Period. Kind of like the guys on the cover of romance books.".  Eric is arrogant, cocky, protective and sexy as hell.  I wouldn't mind a little nip from him.


So what about you?  What's your favorite type of Vampire and who in particular? 

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you about Eric. He is a great vampire but my favorite is Damon Salvatore from Vampire Diaries. He is a bad boy but you can see he is just covering his true feelings with all that anger. Plus, those eyes. OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I'm a new follower from Book Blogs. I'm going with Damon Salvatore too!! There are so many vampires out there that I could choose. Eric would definitely be one, and some sparkly vampires might even make the list. But, Damon is my top pick!
    Talia
    http://taliajager.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite vampire is Lestat. He's just perfect to me. I first learned of vampires from Anne Rice, and so that's my standard with vamp lore. I love him because he's first of all, gorgeous, and he's one hell of a predator. He doesn't love humans, he doesn't really love anyone but himself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric is my favorite vampire too! I'm looking forward to starting Dead to the World soon. (I'm behind on my reading!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have to agree with Bekka. I grew up more with the Anne rice version of vampires and if I'm going to be attracted to one, it would be him. Definitely not the original, bc he'd suck me dry and then toss me aside. Or worse yet, leave me a baby murderer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I am a big Twilight fan and I'm Team Edward 100%. But of the male Cullens, Jasper is my favorite vamp. Probably because he has the darkest past.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.