This week's Top Ten Tuesday is your top ten bookish pet peeves.
- People who dog ear their pages. I have tremendous respect for books and I don't think it's that hard to use a bookmark or even an old receipt.
- Middle books in a series that have no real plot line other than to connect the earlier books to the later books. I think each book in a series should be able to stand alone as a novel with it's own conflict and resolution, otherwise I feel like I'm watching a to-be-continued TV show.
- When books change their covers to match the movie. When I look for a book that's already a movie I will only buy the original cover and not the movie cover.
- Price stickers or bargain sticker that leave behind residue or won't peel off. No one wants to spend hours trying to scrape off all the goo left behind from a sticker.
- Bargain books that have a giant sharpie mark on the bottom of the book. I understand their needs to be a way to separate bargain books from normally priced books but do you have to deface a book like that.
- Overuse of swearing. I personally don't swear very often and I find it really distracting to read it.
- People who claim that reading doesn't interest them...really out of all the books and all the genres you can't find anything?
- Not alphabetized books. I know it's probably my OCD coming out but I can't stand it when novel are not alphabetized my author. I seriously want to start rearranging people bookshelves when I stop over because it drives me nuts.
- Instant love. Don't get me wrong I totally get instant attraction, but instant love before even the first kiss? Is this real?
- Memoirs or biographies by teenage stars. Seriously?
Ok that's my list of bookish pet peeves...what's your biggest bookish pet peeve?