Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's Top Ten Tuesday is: Top Ten Authors That Deserve More Recognition
- Melina Marchetta, I read Jellicoe Road and I fell in love with her writing. This book was amazing. If you haven't read it yet...go do it now.
- Catherine Gilbert Murdock, she wrote the Dairy Queen trilogy and it's set in Wisconsin!
- Markus Zusak, both of his novels that I've read have moved me emotionally and in totally different ways.
- Alexandra Adornetto, I haven't read any of her novels but you have to give props to a girls who had her first novel published when she was 14 and had her U.S. YA debut at 17. Man, do I feel like an underachiever next to her.
- Mary E. Pearson, I absolutely loved The Adoration of Jenna Fox. This novel was so original and unlike anything I've ever read.
- Jandy Nelson, I adored her 2010 debut, The Sky is Everywhere, and I can't wait to read more from her.
- Sherman Alexie, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian was hilarious and heartbreaking all at once.
- Lesley Kagen, amazing adult author and she's from my area. I've met her a couple of times and even ate at her restaurant. Plus her books are great mysteries that don't read like the traditional mystery.
- Joshilyn Jackson, another amazing adult author. Her books always keep me on my toes and are wonderfully written.
- All of James Patterson's "ghost writers", they do all the work and barely get any credit.