Saturday, May 28, 2011

Review of Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

Title:  Blood Promise (Vampire Academy #4)
Author: Richelle Mead
Published by: Razorbill
Pages: 503
Source: Bought
Rating: 4/5

From GoodreadsThe recent Strigoi attack at St. Vladimir’s Academy was the deadliest ever in the school’s history, claiming the lives of Moroi students, teachers, and guardians alike. Even worse, the Strigoi took some of their victims with them. . . including Dimitri. He’d rather die than be one of them, and now Rose must abandon her best friend, Lissa—the one she has sworn to protect no matter what—and keep the promise Dimitri begged her to make long ago. But with everything at stake, how can she possibly destroy the person she loves most?

So the first thing I have to talk about is how gutsy Richelle Mead is to do what she did at the end of Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3).  I'm in awe and very proud that she'd not go along the line that the fans wanted her to and instead add a twist so huge to the story that it left everyone (well at least me) breathless.

That being said Rose tries to right that wrong for us.  Oh fearless and brave Rose always running into battle to save the day or in this case, Dimitri's integrity.  Along her mission she meets some of Dimitri's family, which I must say that I completely adore them and want to adopt them as my family (even the crazy grandmother). 

While this novel was jammed packed with action, adventure and lust I didn't feel like I connected to the characters as much as I usually do.  Don't get me wrong my eyes were glued to the pages and it was hard to stop reading to take breaks and eat, but I just craved a little more out of the novel. 

Overall I fascinating novel and a great addition to an amazing series.     

1 comment:

  1. This is my favourite series, and Rose is my favourite character. I can't wait for the spin off, as was really said when VA finished.

    Amy@adumbrations

    http://amysadumbrations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.