Saturday, May 7, 2011

Review of I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter

Title: I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You
Author: Ally Carter
Published by: Hyperion
Pages: Hyperion
Source: Audiobook borrow from Library
Rating: 3.5/5

From GoodreadsThe Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women lives up to its name. Not only does this exclusive boarding school teach advanced language skills and correct deportment; its students also master the arts of tapping phones, hacking into computers, and spying in public places. At school, second-generation Gallagher Girl Cammie Morgan has impeccable credentials: She is fluent in 14 languages and able to kill an assailant in seven different ways. But recently life has dealt Cammie a card that she never anticipated: She has fallen in love with an ordinary boy who knows nothing about her exotic double life. A truly covert romance.

Welcome to spy school, and not any spy school but the Gallagher Academy a prestigious all girls spy school.  These girls may know how to deactivate a bomb and kill you with a straw, but they don't have much experience with boys.

This is a light and fun read.  It followed the adventures of Cammie and her friends as Cammie tries to blend in and be normal with a boy in town.  She mets Josh when she's on a covert operation and develops a crush on him.  As their relationship progesses, Cammie's true identity gets harder and harder to hide.

I really liked Cammie and her friends.  They were great girls and people I would love to have in my life.  They really stuck up for each other and were there when things got tough. 

This one thing that I wasn't too fond of was the reader of the audiobook.  I understand she was portraying a teenage girl, but I felt her voice was a bit over the top.  Soon though, I got into the story and her voice didn't bother me as much. 

Overall if you are looking for a quick and chick-lit read, this is your book!

1 comment:

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.