Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Favorite Holiday Read...Help Needed

So I don't know about you, but I am having the hardest time getting into the Holiday Spirit.  I think it has something to do with the atypical warm weather and no snow we are having in Wisconsin.  I've tried everything from decorating the house, putting up lights, shopping, but even Holiday music isn't working.  I thought the perfect way to get into the Holiday Spirit is to read a Holiday book. 

Insert problem number one...I don't have any Holiday books, but that can be easily fixed since for St. Nick's I got Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II on DVD and a bookstore giftcard.  Insert problem number 2...I don't know of any GREAT Holiday books to read.  I need a book that is just going to blow me away and get me right into the Holiday spirit.


So I come to you in need....I need some suggestions for Great Holiday Reads.  What are you favorites?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one yet, but what about Lily and Dash's book of Dares. I think that is what it was called. Anyhoo, I remember reading a lot of positive reviews for it.

    I just got myself A Vampire for Christmas. It is several short stories. I'll let you know if it's good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding the perfect holiday stories - that is a tough one. I always read "The Night Before Christmas" and "The Grinch", but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for :)

    Good luck on your quest.

    A book I read every couple years and usually save up for a chance where I can read it in one hit is an oldy, but a goody. Bluebirds by Margaret Mayhew. In saying that, you may not be able to get it in the States. Might be worth hunting out though - it's this totally fantastic story about 4 young women who join the airforce during World War II...

    Just looked it up for you, you can get it through Amazon.co.uk if you are a keen jellybean :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When in doubt, always run to the classics shelf...A Christmas Carol will get the Scrooge out of anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... I would definitely check out the free Christmas Kindle books on Amazon! I haven't personally read them, but I hear good things.

    Or, sometimes, reading a great book that ISN'T Christmas-y is still enough to make merry with the season :)

    I just read a whole lot of YA goodies, but my favorite read right now is "Fate Fixed" by Bonnie Erina Wheeler. Check it out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read The Novella, The Wish by Francis Ray. After I started reading, I realized I'd read it before, but it's still a great Christmas read.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.