I have been wanting to read this book for a while so when the lovely ladies from Geeky Blogger's Book Blog, On a Book Bender, Smash Attack Reads!, In the Closet With a Bibliophile, and The Unread Reader decided to host this read-along I jumped on board. Come join the fun!
Questions Week 1 (March 5th): Chapters 1 to 5
1) Kevin Hearne had the most perfect beginning for this book: "There are many perks to living for twenty-one centuries, and formost among them is bearing witness to the rare birth of genius." If you were to live for centuries what do you think you would be excited to see?
I would be most excited to see all the new advances in technology and healthcare. So many new devices, cures and treatments have been created in the last 20 years and I can't even image what else is to come. I would also hope to see society get over it's prejudices and accept all people for who they are. And lastely of course to see a huge monument built in my honor for my pure awesomeness and because of the life-changing discovery in chemistry that I'm going to find! Hahaha...sorry I couldn't help myself.
2) In the 2nd chapter we learn about the amulet and its protection powers! Do you think having met the Morrigan and heard about Aenghus Og that it will be enough to protect Atticus? I mean the Morrigan has a point about hot chicks coming after him and his defenses might be down! He is very male!
I think the amulet will help, but ultimately it will come down to Atticus's strength, cunning, and intellect. Heck if I had an amulet and a hot guy came near me, I'd find it more of a curse than protection.
3) The literary world's coolest dog is introduced in this chapter! Did you love Oberon immediately? Show me a picture or describe the type of animal you would love to have as a talking companion! (Cat, Dog, Mouse, Sloth, Horse---what is your pick--pictures please)?
4) In this chapter Flidais asked Atticus what his name is and then precedes to ask if anyone actually believes he is Greek? He says nobody pays attention to names here. Do you know what your name means and where it comes from? Or do you have a name you wish had? Let's talk names!
Lisa is Hebrew for "God's promise." My parents however didn't name me because of the meaning. They actually just had to come up with a name they both liked quick, because they were going to let my older sister name me, but she insisted I be named Strawberry Shortcake up until my birth. Good thing they didn't let her decide or I think high school would have been a lot more difficult for me.
5) We learn about Atticus' lawyers in this chapter, a rather unique combo! Without jumping ahead, would you hire a lawyer combination of two supernaturals who on the surface would appear to be natural enemies or at the very least two very Alpha attitudes? What would be the positives and negatives of that decision.
I think I would hire a lawyer or lawyers with Alpha attitudes. I would hope they would fight harder for me. On the downside though they might not listen to me with their blown up Alpha male egos getting in the way of my wants and needs.