I have been wanting to read this book for a while so when the lovely ladies from Geeky Blogger's Book Blog, On a Book Bender, Smash Attack Reads!, In the Closet With a Bibliophile, and The Unread Reader decided to host this read-along I jumped on board. Come join the fun!
Questions for Chapters 16-20
1. Just after Atticus is shot, Oberon has to "ninja" his way out of the shop and into Hal's Beamer (with the icky air freshener). Have you ever been in a situation where you had to "ninja" your way out and try not to be discovered? If so, what happened?
Shhh...you can't tell anyone but I'm actually part of a secret family of ninjas. My code name is Chopstick. We have some serious ninja skills so beware. As for my non-ninja self, the last time I remember having to sneak out without being discovered was when I saw an ex-boyfriend at the store with his new girlfriend. I ducked down a different isle, stashed the cereal I was going to buy on a shelf, and left as fast as I could. It may be immature but it was a Friday night and I was buying cereal and renting a movie...not how you want your ex-boyfriend to picture your life.
2. Atticus's main goal through a large portion of the book is not only protecting Oberon, but also protecting the sword. You are now living in a paranormal world and you need a weapon! What weapon do you choose and what can it do?
I want a wand...all Harry Potter style. You can do everything with that small piece of wood. If Harry can take down the Dark Lord, I hope I could at least cast a Patronus charm. I think my Patronus would be a tiger. What would yours be?
3. To recharge and heal after being shot, Atticus sleeps naked, tattoos to the earth, in a patch of grass near the Civic Center in downtown Scottsdale. Where is the weirdest place you have ever slept?
I had to sleep at the Atlanta airport overnight because ours was the last flight of the night to get cancelled and all the hotels were filled already. It was not a very fun experience and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
4. We finally find out some very interesting information about Granuaile and I don't know about you, but I certainly wasn't expecting to find that she's sharing her head with someone else. What about you, did you expect anything along those lines? If not, what were you expecting concerning Granuaile?
That blew me away. I had no clue. I think I was expecting her to be some goddess in disguise that would save the day.
5. Laksha is a witch, a truly evil one at that for many of the things she's done in the past. However, she's supposedly seen the error of her ways. Do you think she really has? Would you be willing to trust her? Do you think Atticus is smart to have decided to trust her to help him with the "other" witches?
I don't think I would trust her. I'm all for second chances, but his track record with witches is not the best. I think Atticus needs her so he's put in a situation where he has to semi-trust her, but I think he will keep a very close eye on her.