Questions for Chapters 21-25 + epilogue
1. In a moment of anger, Atticus reveals something about himself that he usually keeps very secret, for his own benefit. Has something similar ever happened to you? Have you ever spilled a closely guarded secret in a moment of excitement or anger or absent-mindedness?
I don't think that I've ever spilt a secret in moments of anger, but I know that I've said things that I regret. It may not be secrets about anyone else, but I think it reveals something about me and it is something that I hope I don't do much of anymore.
2. Atticus tells Mrs. MacDonagh, "the universe is exactly the size that your soul can encompass. Some people live in extremely small worlds, and some live in a world of infinite possibility." Then he asks her what she is going to do with the new information she has discovered. What would you do if you found out that other beings were among us? Would you deny it or embrace it?
I would love to say I'd embrace it, but I'm a pretty logical person and it would take more than someone biting on my neck for a little liquid nourishment to make me believe in other beings. (I mean humans have some interesting fetishes too.) I think I'd need proof multiple times before it would finally sink in. But once I believed, I would embrace it 100%. I love individuality and as long as no one is trying to kill me or eat me alive I'm all for it!
3. So far, Atticus has revealed a few of his powers and has even shared some power by putting bindings on Granuaile. What do you think has been his coolest or most helpful power so far?
I love his power to cast invisibility cloaks on people and things. Just imagine the power of hiding anything and anyone. Man I would have loved that power in high school.
4. Atticus gets pretty pissed when he finds out that Aenghus Óg is drawing power from the Earth and, in turn, killing it. That's when Atticus decides he must fight the old Fae for committing such a heinous offense. What is something you would fight for, even if it meant you might die trying?
So I must admit I'm kind of a wuss. I hate confrontation and will avoid it at all costs. I know the only thing I would fight for is my family...everyone else, get your own damn body guard because I'm too cute to get shot and I seriously need to be alive so I can find Mr. Sweep-me-off-my-feet-change-my-last-name-I'll-love-you-forever-and-I'll-always-do-the-dishes. BTW if you see him, send him my way please!
5. What did you think of the final showdown between Atticus and Aenghus Óg? Did it go down the way you expected? Was there anything about their battle that surprised you?
The battle didn't go down as I expected. I hate to say it, but it felt almost too easy for Atticus. I wanted some down and dirty, gladiator style, fight to the death battle. I love that Atticus got help, but a little more hand-to-hand combat would have been nice.
6. What was your favorite/least favorite part of Hounded? Who was your favorite/least favorite character?
My favorite part was when Atticus would talk to Mrs. MacDonagh. I think it showed what a great person he is and it made me like him even more. My least favorite part would be when Atticus has Emily's head and he's thinking about sending it to the new coven. Gross and totally inconvenient to be suck with the head of the person he hates while the cops are still him. My favorite character (hands down) would be Oberon. He made me laugh so much and always brought a smile to my face. My least favorite character would be Emily...she was such a snotty brat.
7. What do you think is coming up next for Atticus? Will you continue reading this series, and if so, what do you hope to see happen in the next book?
I would like to see Atticus teach Granuaile to become a druid and maybe meet a nice girl, instead of these goddess who use and abuse him. As for reading this next book, I already ordered it! I can't wait to see what happens next.