Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Books Written In The Past 10 Years That I Hope People Are Still Reading In 30 Years
1. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling. I will continue to read this series even after 30 years.
2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett. This was such a wonderful book and hope generations to come will like it as much as I did.
3. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. This novel was powerful and heartbreaking. I could see it becoming required reading in school districts in the future.
4. The Thirteenth Tale by Diana Setterfield. This novel is modern day classic with a twist of the original classics added in. A wonderful read.
5. The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins. I think this book will stick around, catching each generation by storm. I don't see it's popularity dwindling anytime soon.
6. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. This book was talked about in many of my classes in graduate school and I think it is one people will continue to read and talk about with especially concerning ethical studies.
7. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. Even if no one else is reading this book in 30 years, I will continue to read it. Maybe I'll even make my children (whenever I have them) read this novel as well.
8. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese. This novel took me a while to get into but once I did, I fell in love with it. It is a stunning story and the writing is beautiful.
9. Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead. The reason I picked this is because it is not only a gripping series but it is also very popular so I think it will have some staying power.
10. The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J.R. Ward. For me this series has its ups and downs but again it is a very popular series so that gives it longevity.