Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Review of Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton

Title:  Angelfire
Author:  Courtney Allison Moulton
Published by:  HarperCollins / Katherine Tegen Books
Pages:  453

Source:  Borrowed from Library 

From GoodreadsWhen seventeen-year-old Ellie starts seeing reapers - monstrous creatures who devour humans and send their souls to Hell - she finds herself on the front lines of a supernatural war between archangels and the Fallen and faced with the possible destruction of her soul.   (sorry this is so short but all the descriptions I found gave away too much of the story) 

This is one of those books that people have been talking about months before it was released and months after it was released.  What are some of those reasons this book is so adored? 

Let's start with the main character Ellie.  She is one kick-butt, warrior women with an amazing fashion sense.  She tough, feisty and not afraid to get a little bloody.  I love that she is so down to earth and even though at night she is killing reapers she's still worried about keeping up her grades and hanging out with her friends. 

The next reason would be Will, Ellie's amazingly wonderful protector/guardian.  Who wouldn't want a strong, muscled, and gorgeous guy protecting her?  I'm extremely independent, but after reading about Will I want to know where I can get one of my own.   

The last reason would be the creative world that Ms. Moulton introduced us to.  It mixes religious beliefs with angelic lore.  While I did find it a little confusing at times, the story itself was amazing and kept me reading late into the night.

 The one thing I wasn't too fond of was the gory descriptions.  I have too weak of a stomach for that.   

Overall I really enjoyed this book and I can't wait for the next one in the series.  I give this book ★★★★

2 comments:

  1. I quite enjoyed this one. I liked how Ellie was the leading girl and Will followed her. I got irritated with the confusing angel mythology though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. This book is at the top of my reading stack :)

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.