Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish




This week's Top Ten Tuesday is: Top Ten books I'd like to see made into movies

1.  Nightshade by Andrea Cremer---I absolutely loved this book and it would be great to see all the characters come to life.


2.  Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen---I love, love, love Sarah Dessen.  I wish all of her books were movies.  


3.  City of Bones by Cassandra Clare---I know this is going to be made into a movie but I can't wait to see Jace in action.  


4.  The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart---While I wasn't a huge fan of the book I think it would make a great movie that all ages would enjoy. 

5.   The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson---It was a great book and I think a lot of people would enjoy the movie.  It would definitely start a lot of conversations about ethics and medicine. 

6.  The DUFF by Kody Keplinger---I think a lot of teenage girls would relate to this book and it'd be great to have them see it played out in a movie version.

7.  Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta---It's my favorite YA book so of course I'd want to see it in a movie.

8.  The rest of the Percy Jackson books by Rick Riordan---I loved the first movie (even though most people didn't) and I'd love to see the rest on the big screen.

9.  The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead---I'm having a really hard time imaging who would play Dimitri.  It's hard to live up to his perfectness in my mind.

10.  The House of the Night series by P.C. and Kristin Cast--I think these books would make exciting movies.
 

11 comments:

  1. The Sea of Monsters looks like it would make a great movie. I even love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about putting The Adoration of Jenna Fox on my list, but a lot of the conflict was internal so I wasn't sure how well that would work on film.

    And I definitely agree about Sarah Dessen. All of her books I think are adaptable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you regarding VA, Along For The Ride, City of Bones and Nightshade. I am excited for the CoB movie as well. :) I have been meaning to read Jellicoe Road. I have heard such good things; I'm sure it would be an incredible movie, too. Great list and thanks for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to read a Sarah Dessen book but when I see them in the bookstores they look so interesting. I think I'm going to pick one or two up next time I'm in the bookstore. Any one in particular I should start with?

    And I liked the Percy Jackson movie too, but it could be because I haven't read the books yet. But I can't wait to pick those up and see how they compare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I've had Jellicoe Road on my wish list for a while now. I need to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely more Sarah Dessen! I totally agree with that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any from your list but the covers make me think they would be great in movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any Sarah Dessen books yet either but would look into it. Great choices for movies and I loved Nightshade so that would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun choices! I really liked Jellicoe Road, too. It would make a great movie. And I loved the Percy Jackson series, but the movie made me sad. I never heard if they were going to make more movies of those or not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually think that Jellicoe Road could be a good movie if it was done right. THe book is confusing the way it jumps back and forth which might be difficult on the big screen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are talks on the movie for Vampire Academy, Vampire-Academy.com has the goss, i love it lol

    Nice choices,

    The Book Mystress, xx

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.