Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Book that I'm the most Grateful for

Beth Revis, 2011 debut author or Across the Universe, is doing something pretty awesome.  She's getting bloggers to talk about the books they are most grateful for.  Check it out at her site.  



As for the book I am most grateful for it would have be Danger in the Shadows by Dee Henderson.  This is by no means my favorite book, but it is a book that means a lot to me.  When I went to college I went to a school and a town where I didn't know anyone.  I tend to be shy when I don't know people and it was so hard to open myself up to new people.  That first week I stayed in my room and wanted to quit school and move back home.  Finally I picked up one of the books I had brought with me and went outside to read it.  I was so emersed in the book that I didn't feel lonely anymore.  And don't worry this story ends well, the next day I met this wonderful person and she was not only my first friend in college but she is still one of my besties now.  Books are powerful!
 
Danger in the Shadows (O'Malley, Prequel)

1 comment:

  1. Since I'm a pretty shy and reserved person, I am very comfortable being by myself, but in new situations, it's rather difficult.

    Glad you stuck it out and found a new friend.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.