Monday, January 17, 2011

Review of The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Book:  The Iron Daughter
Author:  Julie Kagawa
Published by:  Harlequin Teen
Pages:  359


From GoodreadsHalf Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her. Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

Kagawa creates a beautiful and completely scary fantasy world.   I must say as gorgeous as Nevernever sounds I'm pretty sure I never want to be stuck there without some kick-butt warriors like Meghan had.  Yes there is the return of many of our old friends from The Iron King, but I won't say who since I don't want to give away too much.  

The battles were epic this time around.  The fighting scenes were fast paced and exciting.  Kagawa made you feel as if you were there sparring with them.  There were new characters with new agendas and of course Meghan and Ash are caught in the middle of it.  Something was always happening and there was very little down time.

The really liked this book and I would have probably given it a better rating if it hadn't been for Meghan.  I felt that she was a little too naive and helpless.  She actually reminded me of Bella in Eclipse.  I wish she was a strong, and more independent heroine, but then maybe I wouldn't get to swoon as much over the males in this novel.  

I must say that the ending made the whole book worth it.  I can't wait to read the next book, The Iron Queen.    

Overall I'd give this book ★★★ and 1/2  

1 comment:

  1. My favorite character in this series is Grimalkin! And he is one of the reasons why I love Iron King and Iron Daughter. You are right, the battles were epic in this book. :')

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.