Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday's Name Game

Name:  Calla
Gender:  Female
Character From:  Nightshade by Andrea Cremer


Meanings and history of the name Calla:

  • is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Calla is "beautiful". Also the name of a flower: the calla lily.
Personal Experience:
  • I don't know anyone named Calla, but I absolutely adore calla lilies.  I think they are one of the most gorgeous flowers.  For my sisters wedding her bouquet was calla lilies and each of us bridesmaids held a single calla lily.  It was very elegant and very beautiful.   
Places name Calla:
  • Calla Bryn Sturgis, a place in Stephen King's Dark Tower saga
Famous real-life people named Calla: 
  • Calla Tartikoff, daughter of late NBC president Brandon Tartikoff.
  • Calla, daughter of actress Mare Winningham
Calla in song, story & screen:
  • Main character in the novel "The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder" by Rebecca Wells
  • Princess Calla, from the TV show Gummi Bears

List adapted from www.babynamewizard.com


These are just some I know...what about you?

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know Calla meant beautiful. How interesting. Did you know that "Shayna" also means beautiful (in Hebrew)? I had a good friend named Shayna growing up.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.