Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Your go-to-Novel

So I'm sure most people have a go-to outfit when they're asked someplace nice at the last minute (like a little black dress) or a go-to meal when they just don't know what to cook (mine is confetti burritos), but do you all have a go-to book when someone asks for a recommendation?


I understand a lot of people have recommendations depending on the person's likes, but what about if you don't know the person well.  Is there a go-to book you have to recommend as a fall back option?

As I was thinking about this question I decided I would choose Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta.  I absolutley loved this book and I think it would be great for both young adults and adults.

So what would be your go-to book recommendation?

10 comments:

  1. Jellicoe Road is one of my all time favourite books so good choice. But I have no idea what I would recommend to someone, I don't think I could narrow it down to just one I love way to many books.
    I will have to think about it.
    Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two (depending on personalities, and likes) The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and Memoirs of a Geisha.

    I haven't had many teens read Jellicoe Road, although I liked it, I don't think it would be my first choice for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is probably Vampire Academy. That's one of my favorite series and I think most of the people (my age at least) that are asking would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment on my Teaser Tuesday :-)

    I think my go to novel is definitely the Hunger Games. I am begging, seriously, begging my hubby to read it! I just want EVERYONE to read that book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to tell people to check out The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood, but I've found out that not everyone loves it as much as I do. The Princess Bride is a good go to novel and movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have to agree with P.E. my go to book is Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I am a fan of YA and I discovered that series last year and fell in love! My second choice for non YA lovers would be Black and White by Malorie Blackman. Another fantastic book, especially if you read it without knowing anything about it.

    Also, thanks for the comment on my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That this is your go to novel tells me Jellicoe Road must be pretty profound. I have already ordered it, just waiting for it to come in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would say The Help by Katherine Stockett is a great Fiction novel that all can enjoy. If someone is asking for a teen rec then I would recommend Vampire Academy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. On The Jellicoe is my most recommended book too! Actually any book by Marchetta. So other favourites are Raw Blue by Kristy Eagar and Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mine is The Light of Asteria by Beth Isaacs

    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.