Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursday's Name Game

Name:  Meghan
Gender:  Female
Character From:  The Iron Fey Series from Julie Kagawa


Meanings and history of the name Meghan:
  • Besides being a cognate of Margaret and meaning 'pearl', Meghan is also a name in its own right, meaning 'brave, bold'.
Personal Experience:
  • Growing up I was really good friends with a girl named Meghan and spelled that way too.  She never really mentioned anything about people spelling her name wrong, but I know it bothers certain people.  What do you think about this?  Do you get upset when people misspell your name?  Lisa is a pretty easy name and doesn't get misspelled often so I don't really have an opinion. 
Places name Meghan:
  • None that I know of or could find.
Famous real-life people named Meghan: 
  • Meghan McCain, daughter of Senator John McCain.
  • Meghan Hayes, "Table for 12", twin
  • Meghan Smith, a swimmer for Duquesne University that was named the Atlantic 10 Women's Swimming Rookie of the Week
Meghann in song, story & screen:
  • Meghann is the main character of the novel 'The Thornbirds'.

List adapted from www.babynamewizard.com


These are just some I know...what about you?

1 comment:

  1. I like this post. Such fun! I'm sorry I cannot help you with more info on this name. I also don't know anyone with this name. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.