Friday, August 5, 2011

Follow My Blog Friday




Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read
           My answer to this week's Follow Friday question:

Q. Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?).

Danger in the Shadows (O'Malley, Prequel)
I had a really hard time adjusting to college.  I didn't know anyone at the college I went to or even in the town.  I didn't know my way around and I felt lost and alone.  I've always been really close to my family and it was hard being 3 hours away.  I didn't have a roommate so I was by myself most of the time.  That first week during orientation before school began I remember reading Danger in the Shadows by Dee Henderson.  Getting lost in this novel helped to curb those lonely feelings and got me through the first week until I met the most amazing people who are still my best friends after 8 years.   

8 comments:

  1. That's such a sweet story!! I remember reading at camp when I was 11 and I didn't know anyone...it helped me out so much. Great pick!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. reading books does take you away from the lonely, monotonous days and life. Im glad you found something safe and some friends too!

    http://forevertonowhere.blogspot.com/2011/08/blog-hop-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow. I can definitely see how books would be a great escape for you (for anybody) in your situation. First time in a new town away from friends and family is terrifying!

    Trish
    {Trish's Friday Hops}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this book but it sounds pretty good! I also went to college really far away from my family and I know how hard it can be! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Following you as well!

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm your newest follower from the Friday Blog hop! I'd love it if you'd follow back at one or all of my blogs :)

    www.singleparentretreat.com
    www.motherdaughterconnecx.com
    http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. It's wonderful to have a book to escape to when life is hard. That's one of the things that Twilight has really done for me - I can calm down if I read it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, that is so awesome that you had a book like that to help you out!

    I'm a new follower - please stop by my blog if you can. :)

    http://onceuponaprologue.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday-13-book-blogger-hop-11.html

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.