Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Books I Read Because Of Another Blogger (In honor of BBAW!)

1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.  So many bloggers raved about this book that I just had to pick it up.  I'm so glad I did because it was amazing.

2. The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead.  I kept hearing all this talk about how fierce and totally kick-butt this girl named Rose was and it made me want to see what all the fuss was about.

3. Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren.  I signed up to read Waterfall as part of an ARC tour from Books With Bite.  It soon became one of my favorite reads of 2011.

4. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.  When everyone couldn't stop jabbering about this hot, warrior named Jace I knew these books would be for me...and I'm team Jace all the way! I mean look at the cover.  How gorgeous is that body?!?! 

5. Beastly by Alex Flinn.  I won this book from All-Consuming Books and I just finished it.  It is a fun take on the classic fairy tale Beauty and the Beast.

6. A Long Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan.  I read this book as part of the Debut Author Challenge hosted by The Story Siren.  This novel was absolutely amazing.  If you haven't read it yet, move it to the top of your TBR pile. 

7. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger.  I kept seeing this book all over the blogosphere and the reason I picked it up is that it seemed to get great reviews despite the offensive and mean acronym of DUFF.  They always say never judge a book by it's cover, while I learned to also never judge a book by it's title.   

8. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White.  Another book the was hyped up by every blogger. 

These last two I haven't read yet but I bought them and they are on my TBR shelve because of bloggers.

9 and 10.  Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian and Dark Lover by J.R. Ward.  I bought both of these because of the yummy descriptions and sexy pictures on The Unread Reader's meme, My Book Boyfriend.  If you haven't check out the meme...do it now (usually on Wednesday's but for the month of September it's on Tuesdays).  It's Hott, Hott, Hott!

7 comments:

  1. I definitely read Anna & the French Kiss because of bloggers -- and I'm reading Vampire Academy right now -- because of bloggers. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm seriously thinking of buying and reading waterfall. there's been a lot of blog love for that book lately and it sounds really, REALLY good.

    Please stop by and check out my list this week if you can.

    Happy reading,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think most of my bought books are because of another blogger! Love your list. There are books on there I so need to get!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have The Mortal Instruments in common. I enjoyed Paranormalcy.

    Like the look of Waterfall, hadn't heard of it before. Noticed that you're currently reading "The Power of Six", hope you enjoy it. I was pleasantly surprised with this sequel, especially as I had issues with the candy-floss, sugar-sweet romance Four had in "I am Four". It actually made me cringe, but this book does relationships just right for me :)

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've still got to read Anna & Paranormalcy but I'll get there soon, I hope.

    Read Dark Lover. The series is amazing!!! One of my favourites and yes they're all super-sexy so you shouldn't be disappointed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ZOMG, Lisa!!! I'm so excited for you to read about my favorite VAMPIRES ever! I wonder which series you will enjoy better. They are a bit similar, though Ward's vamps are a bit more...um... 'dirtier'. hehehe

    You should see me right now. I'm bouncing in my seat!!!

    I have yet to read Anna and the FK, but I did recently buy it because it was on sale through Amazon! :)

    And can you believe I own all the VA books but haven't read them yet. *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree about Anna :) It's fabulous

    and I can't wait to read A Long Long Sleep

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.