Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Books I Want To Reread

1.  The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling.  This is one of my favorite series and I have reread it many times but there is just something magical (no pun intended...ok maybe a little) about it.  
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
2. Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyers.  I want to reread this before the movie comes out so I can remind myself what happened. 

Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)
3. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles.  This book was Hot, Hot, Hot.  I miss Alex and Brittany and want to fall in love with them all over.

Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1)
4. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.  I didn't think I would like this book and at first I didn't, but then seeing how much love Kathy and Heathcliff had for each other and how the love drove them to do maddening things captured my heart.  I would love to reread it and see if my opinions changed.

Wuthering Heights
5. The Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampires Series by Charlaine Harris.  I can never get enough of Eric!

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)
6. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta.  Oh I really love this novel and it feels like an old friend to me.  If I had time I would reread this novel over and over again. 
Jellicoe Road

That's all I can think of for now.  I'm not sure I will be rereading any of these books, or others for that matter, anytime soon unless I meet a sugar daddy, quit my job and just chill on some remote beach and read for the rest of my life.  *sighs* 

9 comments:

  1. Love Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, really dark, but so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see Harry Potter on these lists. I know so many people love it. I just wish that I could make it through the first book. I'm about to give up on them.

    I love that you said a book can feel like an old friend. That is so true. Jellicoe Road is on my list too. I think I was too busy trying to figure out what was going on in the beginning. Now that I know what was going on, I want to reread it so I can actually enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't see any on your list that I would re-read. But I did enjoy the Sookie Stackhouse series. Great books.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's Mine:
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to show Harry Potter some love! That series is the perfect one to reread because each time it feels like you're reading them for the first time. I've also heard so many wonderful things about Jellicoe Road. Haven't read it myself though. Would you recommend it?

    My Top Ten Tuesday
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've already reread PERFECT CHEMISTRY, and it was just as good the second time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! ERIC NORTHMAN! He was awesome in the first few books of the series. I really miss him.

    And Alex too. Both are perfect choice if you have the time to re-read books, which I don't have much of anymore. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to read Charlaine Harris's books! I love True Blood!

    check out my TTT!
    http://unabridgedandralyn.blogspot.com/2011/09/top-ten-tuesday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't read anything by Melina Marchetta... I must do something about it! As for Wuthering Heights, I am pretty sure I've read it, but I can't remember a single thing about it. I probably should reread that one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have wanted to reread the whole TWilight series since the Breaking Dawn trailers started coming out and YES SOOKIE STACKHOUSE BOOKS MUST BE REREAD. I just finished the whole series in August, and I already want to reread. Eric <3

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.