1. Gabi's search for her sister is made increasingly difficult by the fight for territory between Castello Forelli and Castello Paratore. At this point, do you think the rivalry is warranted? Why or why not?
This is a tough question for me. I'm kind of divided. Part of me thinks it's ridiculous to fight over a piece of land. For heaven's sake, just divide it down the middle instead of all the bloodshed. The other part of me believes that the Forelli's and the Paratore's are fighting for the rights of their countries. I have so much respect for people in the military because they are fighting not just for themselves and their family but for all of us too and our countries.
2. Gabi aids Fortino by having his sickroom cleaned out and using steam to loosen the phlegm inside his lungs so he could breathe better. Have you ever found yourself in a situation that required you to rely on home remedies to aid yourself or another? What are some of your favorite home remedies?
I don't think I've ever been in a situation were I had to use home remedies to aid myself or others unless you count my niece's diaper rash (I just let her run around naked for a while). As for home remedies my favorite is a nice hot bath with lots of bubbles and candles. It is relaxing and soothing and helps clear up congestion. My other favorite remedy is a hot toddy. My father used to make these for me every time I was sick (minus the alcohol). Now as soon as I feel a cold coming on, I whip out the honey, lemon juice, hot water and sometimes the brandy.
One of my best friend's mom said that her family had a tradition in Mexico that when they felt a cold or a headache coming on they took a shot of tequila. I asked what if that was the cause of your headache and she just laughed.
3. Marcello and his men don't hide their surprise when they learn that Gabi is skilled with a sword. What did you think of this development? Has your initial impression of Gabi changed? Do you have any secret skills?
I love that the men are completely surprise by Gabi and her sword yielding abilities. I think it's important to keep men on their toes. As the story progresses I'm really starting to like Gabi more and more. She is showing her courage and her spunk. As for secret skills I have a couple. For the fun skills I can shake my money-maker like no other (watch out Beyonce), for the nerdy skills I can recite the whole periodic table by memory and for the completely weird skills I can fit my whole fist inside my mouth. I know you all are very jealous right about now.
4. "Our lips were so close, I could feel the heat of his breath on my skin." Gabi and Marcello's feelings for one another are beginning to stir. What do you think of Marcello as a romantic interest thus far? What do you think of his intended?
I think that Gabi and Marcello are developing real feelings for one another. You can't help who you are attracted to right? I also understand the Marcello and Lady Rossi have been intended for one another for political reasons. Even though their betrothal may not be out of love they are still betrothed. I think Marcello should have manned up and cancelled the engagement. As for Lady Rossi, at first I didn't like her at all. I thought she was stuck-up and snobby. Now I still think she is stuck-up and snobby but also has some redeeming qualities.
5. Marcello and Luca take turns teaching Gabi the dances of Toscana. Would you have liked to attend a ball like the one Gabi was practicing for? Do you like to dance? Do you know any cool dance moves? Extra (not really) points if you YouTube yourself dancing and share the video. Come on, it will be fun! :) I would love to attend a formal ball. I don't think I've been to a dance that had choreographed dancing (unless you count The Cupid's Shuffle or The Electric Slide). I love to dance, in fact, just last Saturday me and my girls hit up the dance floor and wowed the crowd with our killer moves...hahaha. As mentioned before I can really shake my butt and I love to do it every chance I get. While I don't have any videos of me dancing (I'm thanking my lucky stars because my grandma would be horrified) I do have a picture of me before hitting the clubs to dance the night away!