Thursday, June 28, 2012

Friday Night Date Night: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close


Friday Night Date Night is a feature on my blog that showcases movie review (mostly movies that were adapted from books). Hopefully some of these reviews will help you decide what to watch on your date night or a night of relaxing at home.
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
From Goodreads.com
I just finished listening to this audio and while it wasn't one of my favorites, I still wanted to see the movie and I am happy that I did. The acting was amazing as was to be expected with veterans such as Sandra Bullock and Tom Hanks, but it was actually new comer Thomas Horn who stole the show for me. He had a tough role to play and did it superbly.
From rottentomatos.com
This movie paired down much of the story as most movies do. I did, however, feel that the book was more about the connections people had, and the movie itself is more about Oskar's mission to find a hidden message from his father who died in the 9/11 attack on the Twin Towers. The movie was an emotional journey and be ready with lots of Kleenex because I cried throughout the last 20 minutes of the movie.  You will feel such a connection to Oskar and his story that you can’t help but get attached. 

The one thing I felt that was lacking in the movie was the story of Oskar's grandparents. I enjoyed that section in the book, so I was sad to see that their whole story didn't make the cut.

While I did enjoy this movie, it was a hard one to watch but definitely worth it. 

Want to see more?
 

  

1 comment:

  1. Hmm..I haven't seen this movie yet. But it does sound good and very emotional. Plus I absolutely love Tom Hanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.