Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Review of Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter

Title: Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls #6)
Author: Ally Carter
Narrator: Renée Raudman
Published by: Brilliance Audio
Length: 7 sound discs (7 hr., 47 min.)
Source: Library
Rating: 5 stars

Summary of Goodreads: The last thing Cammie Morgan remembers is leaving the Gallagher Academy to protect her friends and family from the Circle of Cavan—an ancient terrorist organization that has been hunting her for over a year. But when Cammie wakes up in an Alpine convent and discovers that months have passed, she must face the fact that her memory is now a black hole. The only traces left of Cammie's summer vacation are the bruises on her body and dirt under her nails, and all she wants is to go home.

Seriously, how do you get into Gallagher Academy? I want to go to spy school.

Out of Sight, Out of Time was a great addition to an already wonderful series. I tend to get into a slump on the middle of most long series, but not with this one. It was packed with action and adventure, twists and turns, and of course sweet romance. The novel was more serious than the previous books. This time people are not only trying to capture Cammie, they are trying to kill her and anyone who stands in their way.

Cammie doesn't remember anything from the previous summer and often has these lapses of time where she's not sure where she was or what she was doing. If I was Cammie, I think I would have been very frustrated. She was, but I think I probably would have demanded some type of treatment to get my memory back. I believe she should have been more fiery, but that is not really her personality it’s just me projecting myself onto her. The best thing about these books is the relationship that Cammie and her friends have. They are always there for each other, to the point of dying for one another. I love how they always know what each other are thinking and can often communicate with just looks. That’s what best friends are about.

I have listened to all the books in this series and they are probably some of my favorite audios. The narrator is great and the books work really well on audio. They are so gripping that you want to drive around in the car just so you can listen to one more chapter. If you are thinking about trying out audio books or just looking for some new ones this a great series to listen to.

1 comment:

  1. I love this series! And I'm really hoping to get to this one really, really soon! The dynamic between Cammie and her friends has always been fantastic. Great review Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.