Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday

Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR List
1.  Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore.  I loved Graceling and Fire so I'm really excited to read this book.  I hope there are return visits from some of my favorite characters from the earlier books. 
Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, #3)
2. The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen.  Allen is one of my favorite adult writers.  She flawlessly adds a touch of magic to her novels and gives a charm to her characters that you won't soon forget.   
The Girl Who Chased the Moon
3. The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead.  My whole goal in reading these novels is for Adrian to find love.  He deserves it. 
The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)
4.  Sunrise at Sunset by Jaz Primo.  For Why Buy the Cow? Reading Challenge we are reading this book for a June Read-a-long.  I just got it today and I hope it's good. 
Sunrise at Sunset (Sunset Vampire, #1)
5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.  I can't seem to get enough of John Green lately so I'm excited to read his latest novel.  I've heard amazing things about it. 
The Fault in Our Stars
6. The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks.  It has probably been at least five years since I've read a Nicholas Sparks book, but I want to read this one before I see the movie.  Has anyone seen the movie yet?  How was it? 
The Lucky One
7.  A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger.  I love how real Kody Keplinger's novels are.  The characters, the story, the setting, everything just screams that this could totally be happening right now. 
A Midsummer's Nightmare
 
8. Hexed (Iron Druid Chronicles #2) by Kevin Hearne.  I thoroughly enjoyed all the magical/mythical characters in the Hounded and I can't wait to see what adventures Atticus and Oberon get into next. 
Hexed (Iron Druid Chronicles, #2)
9. Something Like Normal by Trish Doller.  I saw this novel all around the blogosphere yesterday and I heard some really great things about it, so requested it from the library right away. 
Something Like Normal
10. Risky Shot (Bluegrass #2) by Kathleen Brooks.  I fell in love with the southern charm of the first novel and I'm sure the second novel will be just as sweet.   
Risky Shot (Bluegrass, #2)

What's on your summer TBR pile?

7 comments:

  1. The Girl Who Chased the Moon is one of my favorite books, it is a wonderful story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I downloaded Sunrise at Sunset the other day as well...I probably won't get to it immediately though...should be a fast read, don't you think? I love the cover of The Girl who Chased the Moon...heading on over to Amazon to check that one out! Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually didn't enjoy Bitterblue as much as Fire and Graceling, but I absolutely loved The Fault in Our Stars and The Lucky One! A Midsummer's Nightmare was great too, but definitely not my favorite Kody Keplinger novel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will love The Fault in Our Stars! It is amazing (make sure you have tissues handy!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read The fault in our stars some days ago. I know you will love it.
    Great list. Hope you have an amazing summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're going to LOVE the Fault In Our Stars, honest! It's his best work so far! :)
    My Top Ten Tuesday: http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/06/top-ten-tuesday-summer-to-be-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been hearing so many amazing things about Something Like Normal. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.