Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday Night Date Night

Friday Night Date Night is a feature on my blog that showcases movie review (mostly movies that were adapted from books). Hopefully some of these reviews will help you decide what to watch on your date night or a night of relaxing at home.
Eat, Pray, Love
From goodreads.com
 I have dragged my feet about watching this movie.  I was never really interested in reading this book just for the fact it seems a little unlikely for someone to drop everything and move abroad for a year to find themselves.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to do that, but it isn't possible. 
From imdb.com
 I was pleasantly surprised by the movie though.  I again wasn't to sure about the reality of this jorney being likely but it was a fun to imagine we could all do this someday.  I haven't seen Julia Roberts in a movie for a while and I forgot how much I enjoy her as an actor.  I think she is very versatile and really makes each part her own.  Plus isn't her beauty timeless.   
Julia Roberts as 'Elizabeth Gilbert' in Columbia Pictures' EAT, PRAY, LOVE.  Photo By: Francois Duha...
From allmoviephotos.com
 The scenes throughout the movie were gorgeous.  Just watching parts of this movie left me feeling serene and calm.  Bali was amazingly beautiful and I wouldn't mind finding the love of my life there either.  Plus the food in Italy had me drooling.  Yum!  Maybe I'll add eating my way through Italy to my bucket list. 
Italian treats in Columbia Pictures' EAT PRAY LOVE. Photo By: Francois Duhamel
From allmoviephotos.com

I love when a movie you are not sure about turns out wonderful.  It makes me so happy!

Want to see more?


3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to see this movie! I really like Julia Roberts. Thanks for bringing this one back on my radar Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Julia Roberts but I am not sure I can watch this movie. I think Eat Love Pray was the worst book I have ever read. I just couldn't get into it and eventually put it down which I NEVER do. I didnt like the narrator but would probably like JR in the role.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I didn't know it was a movie! That's cool. And I totally love when both books and movies turn into such pleasant surprises! I'm definitely curious now and I had no idea it was based on a true story. That's kind of cool. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.