Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Night Date Night


Friday Night Date Night is a feature on my blog that showcases movie review (mostly movies that were adapted from books). Hopefully some of these reviews will help you decide what to watch on your date night or a night of chillin with the girls.
I have to admit when I rented Monte Carlo I had no idea it was actually based on a book, but now that I've read the summary I'll definitely be adding it to my TBR pile.  Headhunters by Jules Bass is about 4 women who are vacationing in Monte Carlo and pose as 4 of the riches women in the world.  The movie version of this story instead took three girls who are on a trip to Paris that is definitely lacking in adventure until Grace (Selena Gomez) is mistaken for a wealthy socialite.  Their adventure starts when they traveled to Monte Carlo under the guise of misidentify for week of glamor, flirting and fun. 
Monte Carlo
Overall I thought this movie was super cute and uplifting.  I'm not a huge Selena Gomez fan but I liked her character Grace a lot.  She was down to earth and yet she dreamed big.  It seemed like she wanted more out of life and would work hard to get it.  It was also interesting to see Leighton Meester as a normal person with a budget instead of Blair Waldorf.  Selena, Leighton and Katie Cassidy had great chemistry and kept the story lively and bubbly. 
Though I'm sure this movie will never win an Oscar, it was still one of those movies that is just cute and sweet.  I'm sure if it was 10 years ago Monte Carlo would have been in my DVD player on constant replay. 
Want to see more?

2 comments:

  1. Awh, I've been wanting to see this one! It does look really cute and sweet. And I had no idea that it was based off a book! How interesting. I might have to look into reading the book, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this was just a really fun and cute movie! I never would have guessed that it was based off a book!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.