Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten All Time Favorite Characters In Books
1. Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery.  She was feisty and spunky.  She kept everyone on her toes and brought some sunshine to people's lives.   

Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1)

2.  Sean Kendrick from The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater.  Sean was the strong and silent type, but when he did open his mouth it was worth listening too.  He was confident and self-assured, but not cocky.  If you haven't read this book yet, you must do it soon or better yet listen to the audio.  It was really wonderful.

The Scorpio Races

3. Alex Fuentes from Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles.  He's the first Fuentes brother; just trust me on this one when I say he's delicious...or don't trust me and find out for yourself. 

Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1)

4. Katsa from Graceling by Kristin Cashore.  She fierce and can fight better than any man.  She is a force to be reckoned with, but uses all of her power for good. 

Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)

5. Eric Northman from The Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampires series.  You cannot get better than this Nordic vampire god.  If you know of a hotter vamp, please let me know...I want to see if they are up to the challenge.

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)

6. Taylor Markham from Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta.  She isn't a beauty queen or a renowned fighter, in fact she's a little broken inside, but she's real. 

Jellicoe Road

7. Bridget, Lena, Carmen and Tibby from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares.  I feel like I grew up with these 4 ladies.  Again these girls were not perfect, but they were lively and fun. 

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #1)

8. Anne Boleyn from The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory.  I loved how scandalous she was.  Sometimes it's fun to live vicariously through others...until they get beheaded. 

The Other Boleyn Girl

9. Hermione from The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling.  When I first read these books Hermione reminded me so much of myself.  You have to love any character that reminds you of yourself. 

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)

10. Aibileen from The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  I love this lady.  She is quite amazing.  

The Help

3 comments:

  1. Yours is the first list I've seen with Eric Northman. Swoon!!! Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex and Eric!! Mine. Mine. Mine. LOL

    I'm so surprise that Tom isn't on your list. I'm gonna have to tell him about this. :P

    The sisterhood girls are forever endeared to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic list! Aibileen made my list too.
    Angela @ AJ Arndt Books Blog

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.