Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Ten Five Books That Were Totally Deceiving (those covers or titles that don't fit the books, a book that was totally different than its summary, or those books you thought were going to be fluff that turned out to be more serious etc etc.)
1. Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen. This cover did not fit the story for me. The cover is light and fun and the story is more serious.
2. Looking for Alaska by John Green. Both the cover and the description of this book led me to think I was getting a totally different story than I was. I ended up loving it, but it was definitely not what I expected.
3. Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares. The earlier novels in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series were fun and spirited books. Sure, there were some serious underlying issues but they never seemed the focus of the books. Sisterhood Everlasting changed to tone of the series. It was more serious and more grown up just like the girls. It was the perfect way to end the series.
4. Lost Voices by Sarah Porter. I thought this was going to be a fun mermaid book. Instead I got something totally different. Sure there were mermaids, but everything was a lot darker and a bit rougher than what I thought it would be.
5. The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen. I watched the T.V. show Rizzoli and Isle first and I loved it so I thought I'd give the books a try. Sure some of the story line is the same but it is missing that charisma between Rizzoli and Isles. In fact, Dr. Isles isn't even in the first book.