Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Night Date Night


On Fridays I wanted to do something a little different then what I normally do.  I decided that on Fridays I'm going to do movie reviews.  I'm hoping to review mostly movies adapted from books, but I'm sure other movies that were not based on books will pop up every now and then.  Hopefully some of these reviews will help you decide what to watch on your date night or a night of chillin with the girls.

I have to admit I haven't read this book yet, but the other night me and my besties wanted a girls night in so we rented Red Riding Hood.  I didn't have high expectations for this movie, because I saw previews for it a long time ago and it looks so similar to Twilight (they have the same director) I just kind of thought it wasn't going to be good.   

Surprisingly, I really enjoyed this movie.  I'm not sure if this was because it was a great movie or that my expectations were so low that it just seemed good in comparison.  Red Riding Hood was a lot darker than I expected, but not too horror like.  It took a really interesting twist on The Little Red Riding Hood fable and turned our fairy tale wolf into a werewolf who just killed one of the villagers.  The villagers want revenge so they go on this mission to discover who the werewolf is so they can kill them. 

I love Amanda Seyfried.  There is something about her that is fresh and spunky.  She was more serious in this movie than I've ever seen her.  She did a good job, but I think I prefer her young and sassy to morose and serious. 

The ending of Red Riding Hood caught me by complete surprise.  I had no idea who the werewolf was and I had never even suspected this person.  Throughout the whole movie my besties and I were analyzing who we thought the werewolf was and we never once guessed right. 

Overall, I'm glad I took a chance on this movie, because I did really enjoy it.

Has anyone read the book and seen the movie?  Are they similar at all?  How was the book?

Wanna see more about Red Riding Hood?  Here is the trailer:
   

4 comments:

  1. I love movie features...I tried to do one a few weeks ago or months ago and Im not really that good at them...LOL..

    I didnt like this movie (gasp) I thought the acting was terrible and it looked to much like Twilight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge movie person so im looking forward to reading more of your movie reviews :)
    i really want to see this! i love amanda and the boy who played her love interest was incredibly goregous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this one too! I really enjoyed the dancing scene! Did you?! I didn't know who the wolf was either! Love the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I actually had to rent this movie twice because the first time I lost interesting and stopped watching about half way through. I thought it got a little boring, but I kept wondering who the wolf was so I rented it again and liked it much better the second time. Also, I'm a big fan of Amanda Seyfried!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.