Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Books That Whose Titles Or Covers Made Me Buy It
1. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer.  I love this cover so much.  The purple hues and the calla lily are just gorgeous. 
2. Fallen by Lauren Kate.  This cover is absolutely stunning.  I really wish I enjoyed her novels more because all of the covers are breathtaking.   
 
3. Delirium by Lauren Oliver.  What can I say...like The Little Mermaid I'm attracted to bright shiny things.  
 
4. Vixen by Jillian Larkin.  I bought this novel a while ago because I loved the dress on the cover and I have a thing for the roaring 20s.  (I still haven't read it but I enjoy its cover on my shelf) 
 
5. Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley.  I loved Gone With the Wind so much that when I saw a book named Scarlett I just had to have it. 
 
6. In the Company of the Courtesan by Sarah Dunant.  I love the title of this book.  It sounded scandalously delicious...and it was. 
 
7. What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell.  I think this title is so intriguing.  Every time I went to the bookstore I'd pick up this novel just because the title intrigued me.  Finally I gave in and bought it just so I could see what it was about. 
 
8. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Anne Shaffer and Annie Barrows.  The title of this book was so funny that I couldn't help but buy it.  Plus it ended up being an amazing novel.  I'm so glad I stumbled upon this book. 
 
9. The Virgin's Lover by Philippa Gregory.  I picked up this novel because of both the title and the cover.  I love that the title is contradicting itself and again it sounded scandalous.  Plus the cover has a gorgeous dress on it. 
 
10.  Harry Potter and the... by J. K. Rowling.  If a book's title starts off with those four words I'm hooked. 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Okay, now you have me all intrigued by The Virgin's Lover. LOL

    I am totally sold on covers. When I saw the Aussie version of the Piper's Son, I had to special order it just so I could have it in my collection. I wouldn't say there a rush to read Vixen, it was a good story but kind of predictable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is an amazing book with a very catchy title. It was my reading group's very first selection.
    Here is my top ten book covers/titles ...
    http://butterybooks.com/?p=42963

    ReplyDelete
  3. YA books get some stunning covers these days don't they? So much improved from when I was a teen!

    So was the Blundell book any good? I've seen it in the book shop but have been holding back.

    Totally agree on Guernsey! Wonderful book and a real tongue twister of a title! I'm very tempted by The Virgin's Lover, but I have so many books to read I really shouldn't....

    Here's my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cover picks! Nightshade does have a beautiful cover and so does Delirium. Covers are so awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Virgin's Lover is my favorite of her books. But I don't like the whole decapitated thing. Except for maybe on The Other Boleyn Girl, where it makes some sense.

    Fallen also made it to my list, and many others. The cover is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannon---I'd pass on What I Saw and How I Lied. It was ok, but not a must read.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.