Saturday, October 15, 2011

Reward Challenge - stage 2

I don't know if you are anything like me but it is impossible to stop from buying books.  I love it, but sadly my bookshelves and my bank account don't.  When I found The Reading Reward Challenge hosted by Good Golly Miss Holly I knew this challenge was for me.  


The goal of this challenge is not a book buying ban but instead a reward program.  There are different stages and hopefully by the end your TBR pile will go down, but you'll still end up rewarding yourself by getting some new books (plus there are also prizes you can win!). 

Here is how it works
Stage 1      Read ONE Book (you own)       =   Buy ONE Book
Stage 2      Read TWO Books (you own)     =   Buy ONE Book
Stage 3      Read THREE Books (you own)
  =   Buy ONE Book
Stage 4      Read FOUR Books
(you own)    =  Buy ONE Book
Stage 5      Read FIVE Books (you own)
     =   Buy ONE Book

a n d   s o   o n . . . 
Stage 2: I read The Earth, My Butt and Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler (review) and Where Demons Fear to Tread by Stephanie Chong (review) and I bought Return to Paradise by Simone Elkeles.   
Have you read any of these books?  What did you think? 

6 comments:

  1. Isn't this the best challenge ever?! I LOVE IT! I'm on stage four, and I've cut back on spending, although I'm not completely adhering to the rules :) Bahahah, but I'm trying to stick to it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I need to join this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna--I'm sticking to it pretty well, but I'm only on stage 2 so who knows what will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for simone elkeles! i'm thinking of rewarding myself with ordering books at the library because it seems to be costing me way too much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of the books you've chosen but I can't wait to see what you're going to say about them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh I definitely need something like this to slow down my book-buying habit! I try to be good by keeping tabs on my TBR mountain but it's not very effective. I just turn a blind eye!

    I love Simone Elkeles - and the Paradise books are great. Make sure you have the second book ready to go because they read like one story split into two books.

    Love the title for that first book - I'll have to check out your review!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.