Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Book Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open (because of the cliffhanger or because the ending was MINDBLOWING, etc.)

1.  Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer.  I felt like this novel finished right before the good part.  The story itself didn't wrap up for me, it just left me hanging. 
Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2)
2. Delirium by Lauren Oliver.  I want to know what happens next. 
Delirium (Delirium, #1)

3. The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch.  Again those cliffhangers get you every time.  It makes me feel that I didn't get half of the story, like they left off the last couple of chapters or something.    

The Magnolia League (Magnolia League, #1)
4. The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore.  Are you kidding me?  That battle was brilliant and then Pitticus Lore just left me with that ending...not acceptable. 

The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2)
5. Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins.  Yet another story that leaves me not totally sure what happened or what will happen. 

Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)
6. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare.  Seriously, Seriously, Seriously!

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)
7. Shawdow Kiss by Richelle Mead.  I bawled and at the same time I was completely floored.  I could not believe Richelle Mead did that...No seriously, I had to reread it multiple times because I really didn't think she was so gutsy!

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)
8.  Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter.  Brilliant ending.  I never saw it coming and had no idea how they were going to pull it off!

Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)
I really tried to get to ten this week but again I couldn't.  I should start thinking about these posts a week in advance so I can take down notes or ideas when they come to me. 

9 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about Shadow Kiss. The ending had me in tears, too. There are several books on your list, like Delirium, that are sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. Hmm... Wonder when I'll get to that.

    I must admit I get tired of the cliffhangers that seem like the author just didn't feel like writing the last chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to skim over a couple of those, since I haven't read them yet. :) I just got Uncommon Criminals from the library... I loved reading how they pulled everything off in the first one, so I'm sure the second one will be just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Demonglass, Shadow Kiss, and COFA are all huge cliffhangers. The kind where you die b/c the next book isn't coming out for forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was frustrated enough by the end of Nightshade that I think I may wait until book three is released to read Wolfsbane. And with everything I've heard today about Shadow Kiss, I'm definitely intrigued enough to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read Delirium but Demonglass and CoFA made my list too. Very good choices.

    Check out my first Top Ten Tuesday:

    http://seeitorreadit.blogspot.com/2011/10/top-ten-tuesday-1.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just attended a book teen fest in which Andrea Cremer said she would never apologize for her cliff hangers and said that they are a big part of her stories, and I wanted to shout, NOOOOO!

    To me, cliffies are plot devices that tell me the author doesn't the story for a single book in a series is strong enough to stand on it's own. I avoid books like this if I know they are coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Shadow Kiss. That one's on my list too and if I were ranking them in order, it'd be on the top. It was SUCH an amazing but heartbreaking twist - like you I had to reread a few times to make sure it really happened!

    COFA's cliffhanger though drove me nuts. What? Really? What? Not that I won't read the next book sigh.


    My Top Ten is over here if you'd like to stop by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! And I wanted to say I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delirium!!!! <3 Alex! I really loved that book, it's on my list too. It's disturbing how much I'm worried for Alex.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.