Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Review of Crossed by Ally Condie

Title: Crossed (Matched #2)
Author: Ally Condie
Published by: Dutton Juvenile
Pages: 384
Source: ARC Tour Hosted by Kathy from Read This Instead
Format: ARC
Rating: ★★★★
Available: November 1, 2011


Summary from Goodreads:  In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

How far will one person go to find the one she loves?  Cassia finds herself in the Outer Provinces and she is determined to find Ky.  Along the way Cassia picks up a few unexpected visitors that help her on her journey, but can they really be trusted?

In this second book of the series we happen to learn more about the Society, more specifically how strong the Societies connections are and that they'll stop at nothing to have ultimate control.  This aspect of the Society still scares me.  I don't like when other people have complete control.  It is one of those things that gives me an instant red flag and makes me get all defensive.  I'm a pretty laid back person, but if someone took away all my choices I would not go willingly...or as the poem says "I will not go gently."

I loved seeing the development between Cassia and Ky in Crossed.  It was nice to see them grow as characters and really come into their own.  They had some difficult decisions to make and their journeys were not easy.  Not only was this a journey to find one another I also think it was a journey of self-discovery and deciding what they are going to stand for.    

There were a lot of unexpected surprises that kept this novel a fast read.  It answered some questions that they first book left hanging, but also introduced a ton more.  I guess I'll have to wait until the next books comes out to find my answers.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so exciteddd!!! I'm glad to hear it's good though, and that it answers some questions. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really loving that cover. I don't know why, but I do. hahaha. Sounds like a pretty good sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there is development between them, then that means she finds him, right? Oh thank goodness. I've been so worried about him!

    Can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I'm really looking forward to starting this series, hopefully soon! :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard such mixed things on this series and that's probably the reason I haven't started it yet. I think I'll start Matched soon, though.

    Thanks for the review! You definitely made me want to start this series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHH! What is this book!? I was told it was amazing,than bad,than O.K,than REALLY bad! Seriously What is this book!?

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.