Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Books To Read During Halloween

For the Vampire Fans
1. The Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampires Mystery Series by Charlaine Harris.  Eric is the ultimate vampire.  Not only is he hot, sexy, tall, blonde, Nordic, but he's ruthless.  Did I mention how incredibly sexy he is? 

2. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.  Another of my favorite vampire reads.

For the Witch Fans
3. Little Witches Big Night by Deborah Hautzig.  This is one of my favorite books from childhood.  It's all about a litle witch who can't go out on Halloween because she is too good.  It's really cute. 

4. The Witching Hour by Anne Rice.  This was such an amazing book.  I read it in High School and immediately bought the second one in the series.  I loved the southern setting and all the history...plus it was quite spooky.

5. The Witches of Eastwick by John Updike.  I really enjoyed this novel.  It was a little weird and twisted which makes it is a perfect Halloween read. 

Just plain scary
6. Complete Tales & Poems of Edgar Allan Poe by Edgar Allan Poe.  In the mood for disturbing and slighting teeth chattering?  Pick up these classic stories and poes. 


For the ghost, zombie, and other Halloween creatures
7-10.  I guess I don't read much about ghosts, zombies, and other Halloween creatures so now is your chance to tell me you favorite novels featuring these characters that are must reads!   

10 comments:

  1. Anne Rice for Witches, but not the vamps? 0.0 Poe's stories are a great pick. For some reason that didn't come to me.

    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read the sookie stackhouse series yet but heard is good. vampire academy yes! totally agree
    Awesome picks!
    Here's my Top Ten Books to Read on Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Beth--the reason there is no Anne Rice under vampires is that I haven't read any of Anne Rices vampire novels. If they are as good as her other stuff (which I'm sure they are) I should probably read them.

    @ We Fancy Books--The Sookie Stackhouse sereies is so good, especially the beginning of the series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoot me now, but I still haven't read the VA series, but YES, I have to agree, Eric Northman is the sexiest vampire I've ever read about! I'm his fang banger for life! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Missie--The VA series is good, but the vamps are not your typical vamps (if there is such a thing as typical vamps).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah VA is a series I really need to get around to! I'm reading Frost by Marianna Baer right now and it's a pretty good spooky book! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Katie--Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to check out Frost.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Witching Hour is one of my favorites!! A whopper, but certainly worth the effort...I'm glad you reminded me about The Witches of Eastwick...I've seen the movie but never read the book :) I need to add that to my neverending reading list :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Patti--I read The Witching Hour in high school and I remember it took me quite awhile to get through it. I went and bought the second book in the series right away but still haven't read and it's been quite a while. I really should read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to read The Sookie Stackhouse series! Have them all on my shelf.
    Maybe one year!! Hopefully!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.