Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again For The First Time

1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling.  This book started me on a phenomenal adventure into a magical world and an imagination beyond belief.  To not know anything about this series and to read it over would be a wish come true.  Amnesia anyone? 
2. Twilight by Stephanie Meyers.  I want to go back when this book (and author) were not a heated debate.  I want to get lost in the story of a plain girl and her vampire crush.

3. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris.  This series started out so good and I couldn't help but devour the books.  I also want to be reintroduced to Eric and all his yumminess...this is purely for selfish reasons.   

4. The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin.  Much like the board game Clue this novel is a fun mystery that will leave you guessing until the last page.  
5. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield.  Amazing story that puts a unique and captivating twist on a classic.  

6. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares.  I love these four ladies like they were my sisters.  To start the journey over from scratch would be amazing getting to re-experience everything for the first time again.     

7. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta.  This is one of my all time favorites.  I remember setting this book down when I was finished just staring at it in awe.  I recovered moments later and called my bestie to gush about how amazing it was.  I'd love to recapture that experience.

8. Graceling by Kristin Cashore.  I loved the world that Kristin Cashore created.  Her characters and her kingdoms are like none I've ever encountered and I won't likely forget.
9. The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner.  This series was a childhood favorite of mine.  To tell you the truth I could probably pick them up now and it would be like reading them for the first time since it's been so long.  When I see this series it just makes me feel warm and happy inside like the smell of home.

10. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.  This is my favorite classic and I want to experience that insane (both good and bad) love between Katherine and Heathcliff for the first time all over again. 

Yea!  I made it to ten this week!  Which books would you like to read again like it was the first time?

6 comments:

  1. Dead Until Dark was such a great book!! (I love the whole series, but it was one of my favorites!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to 2&3! I'm feel the same, Lisa. You don't know how much I wish the SVM series would go back to its roots.

    And I felt the same about The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Those characters bring out so many warm memories for me because I adored them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Thirteenth Tale was indeed a lovely book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Sisterhod of the Traveling Pants is actually a good one! It's been a while since I read it and now I'm tempted to pick it up again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Wuthering Heights. I've read it twice in the past year, both times for class... I almost wish I could go back and read it for the first time as a non-required book. I really enjoyed it for class, but I think I'd like it even more if I read it and experienced it on my own.

    I agree with most of the rest of your list as well :)

    Jane
    janestoryblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the Boxcar Children when I was a kid. I used to imagine running away from school and living in a boxcar.


    Come visit my list at The Scarlet Letter.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.