Monday, October 10, 2011

Review of The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

Title: The Power of Six
Author: Pittacus Lore
Published by: HarperCollins
Pages: 406
Source: Library
Format: Hardcover
Rating: ★★★★★

Summary From Goodreads: Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another . . . but our Legacies are developing, and soon we'll be equipped to fight. Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I've been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together? They caught Number One in Malaysia. Number Two in England. And Number Three in Kenya.

They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio—and failed. I am Number Seven. One of six still alive. And I'm ready to fight.

When I read I am Number Four I did enjoy the story, but for me it wasn't amazing.  Then I watched the movie and realized that I actually really liked the story a lot and it got me super excited to read The Power of Six.  I had lots of questions and wanted some answers.

Did I get those answers?  Some, but not all.  I guess that is part of the experience of reading this series.  You are discovery their histories, legacies and connections at the same time the characters are.  It's suspenseful and at times frustrating, but sure a great way to hook a reader.

One of the things I adored about this novel was the alternating view points told from Four and Seven.  I loved seeing the parallel of how one person was developing their legacies, while the other had to hide theirs.  Seven was a great new addition to the story and is quite a miracle in herself. 

As for my favorite characters, Six, Sam and BK they are all back and wonderful as ever.  Six is amazing!  I have a huge girl crush on her and am very jealous that Sam and Four got to train with her and bask in her awesomeness.  Move over Rose, Katniss and Katsa because this girl can not only fight, but she can seriously dominate.  She's fierce, smart, loyal, and crazy skilled. 

As for Sarah I'm pretty sure I wanted to smack her.  I'm not a violent person but she really upset me in this novel.  I won't give anything away, but if you were a fan of Sarah before I'm not thinking you are going to like her when your finished with this novel. 

And lastly the ending.  The battles were epic and the kisses smokin!  That's all I'm giving away...the rest you have to find out for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. oh I need an action filled book. This sounds really good. I still haven't read or bought the first book, but I really want too. :) Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the first book in this series last year, but still haven't read it. :(

    But I did watch the move and really liked it. Six did seem pretty kick ass, and I'm a big fan of POV shifts so I think this sounds like a series I could definitely get into.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.