Monday, February 28, 2011

Review of Fall for Anything by Courtney Summer

Book:  Fall for Anything
Author:  Courtney Summers
Published by:  St. Martin's Griffin
Pages:  230

From GoodreadsWhen Eddie Reeves’s father commits suicide her life is consumed by the nagging question of why? Why when he was a legendary photographer and a brilliant teacher? Why when he seemed to find inspiration in everything he saw? And, most important, why when he had a daughter who loved him more than anyone else in the world? When she meets Culler Evans, a former student of her father’s and a photographer himself, an instant and dangerous attraction begins. Culler seems to know more about her father than she does and could possibly hold the key to the mystery surrounding his death. But Eddie’s vulnerability has weakened her and Culler Evans is getting too close. Her need for the truth keeps her hanging on...but are some questions better left unanswered?


This is such a hard book to discuss.  It was such an emotional read for me that I don't really know what to talk about.  I guess I'll start off with Courtney Summers writing.  Wow...every emotion was so raw, all that pain, hurt, depression, and angst came across in every word.  You couldn't help but feel for all the characters.  Even though you knew Eddie's obsession with knowing why her father committed suicide isn't healthy you couldn't help but want her to find the truth.  You wanted to help get her answers or to find her acceptance.   

One of the greatest things about Summers's writing is the characters.  Each one is so unique and I love how instead of focusing on who each person was, she more focused on how each person in the story was affected by Eddie's father's death.  Every person had pain, but they all dealt with it differently. 

One thing I really loved about this novel is the reality of it.  These characters and situations are so real.  Eddie not only has to deal with her father's death, but also normal teenage emotions like, jealousy, love, and friendship.  

I liked this book, but it was an emotionally hard read for me and I give it ★★★

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    This sounds like an amazing book. Some of the best works are those that are hard to read emotionally. I will definitely add this to be TBR list.

    http://workadayreads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've given your blog the One Lovely Blog award. Stop by my blog to get it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great read. I know how you feel about those emotional reads. I've put of reading Elie Wiesel's Night for quite awhile now.

    Found your blog off bookblogs. Am a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.