Monday, February 14, 2011

Review of The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Book:  The Iron Queen
Author:  Julie Kagawa
Published by:  Harlequin Teen
Pages:  358

From GoodreadsMy name is Meghan Chase.  I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.  This time, there will be no turning back.

This is the third novel in The Iron Fey series and as much as I liked the first two novels, this one I fell in love with.  It was definitely the best book in the series so far.  The battle scenes were colossal with legendary fighting from all sides.  The love scenes were romantic and swoon worthy (make that double swoon worthy) and every page was heart-breakingly beautiful. 

One of the things that bothered me about the first two novels in the series is that I felt Meghan was whiny and a little self-centered.  She tended to only look out for herself and what she wanted.  In this book she grew so much as a character.  She was wise, caring, selfless, brave, and a hero.  She was simply amazing.  I felt so connected with her and really started to care about her.  When she laughed, I laughed and when she cried, I sobbed.

Of course, you can't forget about our favorite boys too.  Ash, I don't even think I have words to describe this boy.  I only wish that the author based him off a real person, because then I would know that soul mates existed.  And Puck, behind his boyish grin and court jester personality was a kind and thoughtful man.  He got dealt a rough hand but accepted it graciously...well almost, it still is Puck.

Julie Kagawa outdid herself with this novel and I must say if you haven't read it yet...go do it.

This novel definitely deserves ★★★★★

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I can't wait to read this series, I have them all just haven't had enough time to squeeze them in along with my challenge books. I'll definitely have to give it a go real soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Review! I need to seriously read these books. I've been putting it off for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Outdid herself?! That is awesome to hear.

    Why do I feel like I'm the only person who has yet to read this book? Gah!

    Yes, you are right about Ash. There are no words for his awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.