Name: AnnaGender: Female
Character From: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Meanings and history of the name Anna:
- It is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Anna is "He (God) has favored me".
- Surprisingly, for how common the name Anna is I don't know a single person named that. What about you?
- Santa Anna, Texas
- Anna Maria Island, Florida
- Lake Anna, Virginia
- Anna, Ohio
- Anna, Illinois
- Famous real-life people named Anna:
- Anna Kournikova, tennis player/model
- Anna Pavlova, Russian ballerina
- Anna Paquin, actress
- Anna Kendrick, American actress
- Anna Nicole Smith, model/actress
- Anna Roosevelt, U.S. First Lady in the 20th Century
- Anna in song, story & screen:
- Anna Karenina in "Anna Karenina" by Leo Tolstoy
- Anna Fitzpatrick in "My Sister's Kepper" by Jodi Picoult and the movie of the same name.
- 'Anna Begins' by Counting Crows
- 'Anna Blue' by Cyndi Lauper
- 'Anna Molly' by Incubus
List adapted from www.babynamewizard.com
These are just some I know...what about you?